If you know me or you've been following me for any amount of time then you know that I love food! I'm always hungry and I'm always thinking about what I can eat next. My favorite meal is dinner. I think about it before I've hand lunch. And sometimes while eating breakfast. I like a yummy, easy-to-make dinners and whose leftover I don't mind eating all week long. I wanted to share with you one of my favorites! It's perfect for the cool fall weather and is deliciously filling. It's easy to make and easy to re-heat. Its got veggies, carbs, and protein and you can tweak it for some really heart healthy options or to meet any of your dietary needs. It only takes a few minutes of prep work and it's about 45 minutes from start to eat. And the best part is, you cook it all in one pan! Here is my Skillet Pasta and Sausage Bake! Enjoy!
Skillet Pasta and Sausage Bake
Ingredients: Prep Time: Approx. 5 minutes.
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-2 cloves minced garlic
-1 medium onion chopped (optional)
-1 package of sausage coined/cut into bite size pieces (use turkey or chicken sausage if desired)
-1/4 cup of water or chicken broth
-1 can diced tomatoes
-1 tablespoon dried oregano
-1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
-1/2 teaspoon garlic power
-1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
-salt and peper to taste
-1 package (15 oz) pasta of your choice*
-1 & 1/2 cups fresh spinach
-1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese (or cheese alternative)
-1/4 cup freshly graded parmesan cheese
*if using fresh pasta...leave it uncooked
Directions: (Approx. 10 minutes.)
1. Move rack to the upper third of oven and preheat to 425 Fahrenheit
2. Put skillet/oven safe pan on oven at medium heat. Pour in olive oil.
3. Add chopped onions (if desired) and stir until translucent. And in garlic and stir for approx. 30 seconds.
4. Add coined sausage to skillet. Cover over high heat until lightly browned.
5. Add in water or broth, undrained diced tomatoes, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, paprika (if desired),
salt and pepper as desired and pasta. Stir until everything is well combined.
6. Gently stir in spinach and make sure it's covered with liquid.
7. Top with mozzarella (or cheese alternative) and parmesan cheese and place in oven.
8. Bake for 17-22 minutes. Turn on boiler and then broil for another 2-3 mins. for a crispy top.
9. Remove from oven and top with additional salt, pepper and fresh parsley (if desired). Enjoy immediately!
Well, there it is! Sounds delicious right? I really hope you enjoy this easy meal. I hope you find it easy to make and easy to tweak to fit your tastebuds and your diet. Most importantly, I hope you and your family enjoy eating it. (And I hope you make it over and over again!) If you love it or even just like it, leave me a comment and let me know! And if you have any questions, leave them in the comments too!
Happy cooking and happy eating too!